Pages

How to Simplify Christmas Shopping

I’m a frugalista every day, everywhere. But particularly in gift giving occasions. This may sound parsimonious, but I only spend $10 to $15 per birthday or Christmas gift for extended family. For the kids and spouse, I spend more, but even then, I stay in a budget. If I get the gift on sale (and I usually do) the value of the gift may be more. But the price tag, I keep low.

I do this for several reasons. First, it’s too easy to overspend. By pinch pennies in every purchase, I stay financially solvent. I cut on non-essentials so I’ll have enough for essentials. I prioritize needs before luxuries, and then choosing which luxuries to splurge on (for example, last Christmas we didn’t exchange gifts, but took the family to New Orleans to see our eldest daughter). On a deeper spiritual level, simple Christmas are more Catholic. It gets us in line with advent principles. For more, read  How to Simplify Christmas Shopping

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest